2013-10-09

2013-10-09 DOS Layer ... still

I'm still working through the DOS layer that I built for the DriveAccess kernel and updating it to be more complete.

Previously, the DOS layer only supported block devices and file systems so could only load and save files.  Now I'm adding character devices into it to support keyboards, mice, serial ports, parallel ports and whatnot.

Once it's all in, I can add the keyboard handler as a character device called "KBD:", then open it as stdin which will allow the console to work.

Once the character device for the keyboard is working, it'll be trivial to migrate the various file systems (FAT) and block device drivers (ATA and RAM) from DriveAccess into Octopus so that I can get files loading and saving via the C library.

No comments:

Post a Comment