2013-09-26

2013-09-26 The Command Interpreter and stdin.

I've linked the C library into the kernel so that I can use the standard C library functions in the kernel to simplify development and moving code from the kernel to programs.  I've written a routine to tie up all the kernel API calls so that the kernel doesn't have to use system calls to resolve its own symbols like a lowly program.

I've pulled the command interpreter out of a previous test kernel (this one dates back to 2005, wow) and started to rewrite it to use the standard C library functions.  That way it can be in the kernel for now, then be pulled out into a separate program later.

For the console, I obviously need a keyboard handler and a way to "open" the keyboard.  It might be worth setting up a proper file descriptor table and pulling the DOS layer from the DriveAccess kernel (circa. 2010) and actually making it a proper device that can be opened by name.

No comments:

Post a Comment