2010-05-14

2010-05-14 - PCI Sound

With the ATA save (mostly) working now and LD not playing ball with making sensible .o COFF files for me to load, I'm going to take a break from that side and advance on a different front.  I'm wanting to get some form of sound capability working (beyond the PC speaker) so I'm going to get back to the pci system.

A quick compare through the various versions that I have reveals that I haven't actually worked on this front since implementing the consolidated datatypes, so perhaps it is time to look at this anyway.  I also have my trusty PCI reference manual.

I haven't figured out how to provide a generic interface for the PCI system into the rest of the OS in the ideal world system, I imagine it will be some form of Bus Device with a context, but that's not important right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment